Data privacy statement
Data Privacy NoticeProtecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to us. Therefore, Mindsphere World e.V. („Mindsphere World“) processes personal data in compliance with applicable laws on data protection and data security.
1. Categories of personal data processed, purpose of the processing and legal basisWhen you visit the website of Mindsphere World, we may process the following personal data about you:
• Personal data that you actively and voluntarily provide via the website (e.g., when registering, contacting us with your inquiries or participating in surveys, etc.), including name, e-mail address, telephone number, information submitted as part of a support request, etc.; and
• Information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or device, such as your IP-address, device type, browser type, referring site, sites accessed during your visit, the date and time of each visitor request.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
• To provide the website’s functions and to administer your use of the website;
• To verify your identity (if you registered on the website);
• To answer and fulfill your specific requests; and
The processing of your personal data is necessary to meet the aforementioned purposes. Unless indicated otherwise at the time of collection, our legal basis for the processing of the personal data is that:
• You have given your explicit consent to the processing of your personal data (Article 6 (1) (a) General Data Protection Regulation);
• Processing is necessary for the performance of a contractual relationship with you (Article 6 (1) (b) General Data Protection Regulation); or
• Processing is otherwise necessary for the efficient performance or management of your use of the website (Article 6 (1) (f) General Data Protection Regulation).
4. Transfer and disclosure of personal dataMindsphere World may transfer personal data to Siemens AG and other Siemens companies or third parties, but only if and to the extent such transfer is required for the purposes mentioned above.
If legally permitted to do so, Mindsphere World may transfer personal data to courts, law enforcement authorities, regulators or attorneys if necessary to comply with the law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Mindsphere World commissions service providers (so-called data processors), such as hosting or IT maintenance service providers, which only act upon instructions of Mindsphere World and are contractually bound to act in compliance with applicable data protection law.
Recipients of personal data may possibly be located in countries outside of the European Economic Area (“third countries”), in which applicable laws do not offer the same level of data protection as the laws of the respective individual’s home country. In such cases, Mindsphere World takes measures to implement appropriate and suitable safeguards for the protection of personal data by other means.
• We transfer personal data to external recipients in third countries only in case the respective recipient (i) entered into EU Standard Contractual Clauses with Mindsphere World, (ii) implemented Binding Corporate Rules in its organization or (iii) – in case of US recipients – the recipient is certified under the Privacy Shield.
4. Retention PeriodsUnless explicitly indicated otherwise at the time of collecting personal data (e.g. by a consent form accepted by you), we erase personal data if the retention of the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed and no statutory retention obligations under applicable law (such as tax or commercial law) require us to further retain personal data.
5. Right to withdraw consentIn case you declared your consent for the processing of certain personal data by Mindsphere World, you have the right to withdraw the consent at any time with future effect, i.e. the withdrawal of the consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on the consent before its withdrawal. In case consent is withdrawn, Mindsphere World may only further process the personal data where there is another legal ground for the processing.
6. Right of access to and rectification or erasure of personal data, restriction of processing, right to object to processing and right to data portabilityUnder applicable data protection law you may – provided that the relevant legal requirements are met – have the right to:
• Obtain from Mindsphere World confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data;
• Obtain from Mindsphere World the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you;
• Obtain from Mindsphere World the erasure of your personal data;
• Obtain from Mindsphere World restriction of processing regarding your personal data;
• Data portability concerning personal data, which you actively provided; and
• Object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of personal data concerning you.